1. How will the woman get to the museum?
A. By subway. B. On foot. C. By bus.
2. What does the woman like to do best in her free time?
A. Watch foreign movies. B. Take indoor sports. C. Go camping.
3. Where does the woman ask the boy to play the drums?
A. In his own room. B. In the living room. C. In his father’s room.
4. What does the woman think of shopping in Santa Monica?
A. Convenient. B. Interesting. C. Unattractive.
5. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Famous places. B. A trip. C. A dream.
6．What does Alice want to be ?
A. A teacher. B. A TV host. C. A cook.
7. Where does Milton want to work?
A. In a hotel. B. In a zoo. C. In his own restaurant.
8. Why doesn’t the woman know where to go for shopping?
A. She is unfamiliar with London.
B. She has difficulty finding places in big cities.
C. She doesn’t have too much time to do shopping.
9. What will the man probably do next?
A. Go shopping with the woman. B. Buy something for the woman.
C. Tell the woman where to shop cheaply.
10. What is wrong with the man?
A. He has caught a flu. B. He has got injured. C. He has got a backache.
11. Why didn’t the man tell the woman?
A. He thought the medicine he took would work.
B. He thought a good sleep would do good.
C. He didn’t want to make her worried.
12. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. Call the doctor. B. Take the temperature. C. Go and lie down.
13. How long did the fire last?
A. About 2 hours. B. About 2.5 hours. C. About 3 hours.
14 What do we know about the fire?
A. Several people died. B. Three firefighters were injured.
C. The apartment was completely destroyed.
15. What caused the fire most probably?
A. Someone who smoked in bed. B. Some wire that burnt suddenly.
C. Someone who cooked carelessly.
16. What can keep people safe from fire according to the man?
A. Apartments in good condition. B. The fire department.
C. A smoke alarm.
17. On which day will Harry give the talk?
A. December 7. B. December 8. C. December 17.
18. When will the talk start?
A. At 3:30. B. At 3:45. C. At 4:45.
19. What is Harry going to talk about?
A. Filming wildlife shows. B. Interesting stories in films. C. His new book.
20. What do we know about Harry?
A. He has got lots of experience in different jobs.
B. His book Behind the Lens is about his work..
C. He is interesting and easygoing.
21. Skating in northeast China is ________ exciting experience for Bill.
A. an B. the C. much D. /
22.Studying English lies not so much in we learn by heart as in we really understand.
A. that; what B. what; what C. that; that D. what; that
23. Playing Glory of the king is very _______ in my spare time.
A. interested B. enjoying C. enjoyable D. happy
24. He missed ________ the chance to watch the programme closely.
A. giving B. to give C. being given D. to be given
25. Your plan means________ more time and money, so I mean ________ it.
A. to lose; changing B. losing; to change
C. losing; changing D. to lose; to change
26. _______ it is to have a hot drink on a cold day!
A. What a fun B. What fun C. How fun D. How a fun
27. --This is the first time that I ________ the Chinese restaurant.
--There is too much tasty food you can taste.
A. came to B. am coming into C. come into D. have been to
28. I shall never forget the years _______ I lived in the countryside with the farmers, ________ has a great effect on my life.
A. that … which B. when … which C. which … that D. when … who
29. The students at junior schools or senior schools are making ______ for the coming exam.
A. a lot preparations B. much preparation C. preparation D. preparations
30. She must have read the novel last week, ______?
A．didn’t she? B．must she ? C．needn’t she? D．hasn’t she?
31. The tiger, a once ________ animal to humans, is now ________ of disappearing on the earth.
A．dangerous, danger B．dangerous, in danger
C．in danger, in danger D．danger, in danger
32．—Whose advice do you think I should take?
A．You speak B．That’s it C．It’s up to you D．You got it
33. The reason _________his being late for the meeting was __________ his little son fell ill this morning.
A. for … that B. why … that C. for … because D. why … because
34. We are fond of Linda because she is a lady ______ everyone thinks is easy to _______.
A. who; get along with B. whom; talk with
C. who; talk D. whom; get along with
35. Don’t forget _________ off the lights before you _________ the classroom.
A. turning; will leave B. to turn; leave
C. turning; leave D. to turn; will leave
Even though it was only October，my students were already whispering about Christmas plans. With each passing day everyone became more __36__，waiting for the final school bell. Upon its __37__ everyone would run for their coats and go home，everyone except David.
David was a small boy in ragged clothes. I had often __38__ what kind of home life David had，and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so __39__ for the cold winter months，without a coat，boots，or gloves. But something made David __40__.I can still remember he was always __41__ a smile and willing to help. He always __42__after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor. We never talked much. He __43__ just simply smile and ask what else he could do，then thank me for letting him stay and slowly __44__ home.
Weeks passed and the __45__ over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of __46__ before the holiday break. I smiled in __47__ as the last of them hurried out the door. Turning around I saw David __48__ standing by my desk.
“I have something for you，” he said and __49__ from behind his back a small box.__50__ it to me，he said anxiously，“Open it.” I took the box from him，thanked him and slowly unwrapped it. I lifted the lid and to my __51__ saw nothing. I looked at David’s smiling face and back into the box and said，“The box is nice，David，but it’s __52__.”
“Oh no it isn’t，” said David. “It’s full of love. My mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn’t see or touch unless you know it’s there.”
Tears filled my eyes __53_ I looked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given __54__ to. After that Christmas，David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning __55__ the little empty box set on my desk.
36．A. anxious B．courageous C．serious D．cautious
37．A. warning B．ringing C．calling D．yelling
38．A. scolded B．wondered C．realized D．learned
39．A. modestly B．naturally C．inaccurately D．inappropriately
40．A. popular B．upset C．special D．funny
41．A. expressing B．delivering C．wearing D．sharing
42．A. practised B．wandered C．studied D．stayed
43．A. would B．should C．might D．could
44．A. aim at B．turn to C．put off D．head for
45. A. argument B．excitement C．movement D．judgment
46．A. school B．year C．education D．program
47．A. relief B．return C．vain D．control
48．A. weakly B．sadly C．quietly D．helplessly
49．A. searched B．found C．raised D．pulled
50．A. Holding B．Handing C．Sending D．Leaving
51．A. delight B．expectation C．appreciation D．surprise
52．A. cheap B．empty C．useless D．improper
53．A. as B．until C．because D．though
54．A. advice B．support C．attention D．command
55．A. from B．behind C．over D．towards